- Back to School Night – Thursday, Aug. 17th, 5:30p – 7:00p. Schedule as follows:
- Grades 3rd – 5th, 5:30p – 6:00p
- 6:00p – 6:30p Principal Message in the Gym
- Kindergarden – 2nd Grade, 6:30p – 7:00p
- Open Position at WME – Wildcat Mountain is looking for a part time, SSN (Significant Support Needs) paraprofessional to work with some of our most amazing kids! The hours are Monday through Friday 12:45p to 4:15p. If you love working with children and are interested in learning more about this position, please contact Mrs. Milley and visit our district website to apply!
- Solar Eclipse – We are so excited for the upcoming solar eclipse! On Monday, August 21st at 11:46a, a total solar eclipse will be visible right here in Douglas County. Each class will be participating in the event suitable to their grade level. I have purchased glasses for all students. As many of you are aware, there have been some phony glasses sold through Amazon. Unfortunately, we were a victim of this product fraud. However, we have researched approved and certified glasses through the Fiske Planetarium and have re-purchased solar eclipse glasses for all students and staff. We feel this is a once in a lifetime event for our students and don’t want them to miss this opportunity.As you are aware, viewing an eclipse can come with health risks. While we will have protective eyewear on and will be prioritizing student safety, we encourage you to remind your children to follow their teacher’s directions to help ensure the safety of their eyes. If you feel like you would like to monitor this experience for your own children, you are welcome to check them out of school during the eclipse.
Your teacher will be communicating with you their individual plans for eclipse viewing. However, if you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me! Thank you so much! – Molly Milley
- Donate Reusable School Supplies –Last spring we asked our students to donate their scissors, clipboards, rulers and the like to our classrooms in order to help families keep the cost of school supplies low and to reuse perfectly good items. If you have any of these items currently around the house and are willing to donate them, please send them in with your children. There is no need to buy anything new. We would greatly appreciate any donations!
- DCSD Parent Guide – Inside is useful information and phone numbers for families. It also explains to parents how to handle issues they may encounter throughout the school year. Parent Guide
- Nutrition Services – We have found that some parents do not desire to have their child participate in purchasing extra food during their lunch hour for either health or financial reasons. Please click HERE for the exclusion form to print and return to school.
- PTO Volunteering – If you would like to help and get involved with WME PTO this year, we will be at Back-to School Night Thursday and will have sign up forms. Stop by our tables and see how you can help! We will be looking for a new treasurer for next year, but would love to find someone this year to learn the job first hand with our current treasurer, Dina Girard. We are also still looking for a Vice President for this year. If you have any questions about getting involved, please contact Dana Schmahl.
- Yearbook Committee – We are looking for photography-loving parents who would like to help take yearbook photos throughout the school year! We need parents to take photos at school events, specials, recess, special school projects or classroom activities for the entire school. We are looking for a committee of parents to divide up these responsibilities for the yearbook. The Yearbook Committee takes photos of all students at Wildcat, and not just one class. If you are interested in having some photography fun and helping our amazing yearbook, please contact Jory Hastings.
- Text Message Reminders – WME PTO is launching a new way to receive reminders and updates on events happening around school this year! We will use this more during the week instead of mid-week email reminders. You will still receive our Monday morning email blast filled with all the information you will need for the week too.There are two super easy ways to register for these text message reminders.
1. Visit the website and fill in your information
2. Text @wmept to 81010
We are excited about another way to connect with our WME community and think you will find these text message reminders very useful!
- Last Call for Fun Run Sponsors – WME PTO is still accepting business sponsors for our 2017 Where the Wildcats Run fun run on September 8th! We rely on these sponsors each year to offset the cost of putting on the run and in exchange, our sponsors receive advertising to our whole WME community. If you or someone you know owns their own business and would be interested in sponsoring the fun run please get in contact with Whitney Nallathamby. You can find more information, including sponsor levels and what is included in each, by reading the letter and sponsor incentives below. We would like sponsors to commit and submit payment and logo by August 14th.
- Yearbook Order Fall Discount – Fall Yearbook ordering is here! All orders received through September 30th will receive 15% off the soft cover price of $22. Hardcover available for additional $6.95. Click on the link below to place your order! Don’t miss this discount opportunity on the best elementary yearbook! All yearbooks will be delivered in May before the end of school to student’s classroom. If you have any questions, please contact Jory Hastings.
Wildcat Mountain Yearbook Online Order
- Wildcat Holiday Craft and Vendor Bazaar – The Wildcat Holiday Bazaar is returning this year on Saturday, December 2nd from 10a – 2p! Registration is now open for vendors to sign up to sell at the bazaar. If you are interested in participating, please click HERE. For questions please contact Whitney Nallathamby or Kimba Langas
- Reload your King Soopers Gift Card – Remember to reload your King Soopers cards all summer long! Every time you load your card, WME receives 5% back! If you need a new card, please contact Krista Finney.
- Aug. 14th – Deadline for Fun Run Sponsorships
- Aug. 17th – Back to School Night 5:30pm – 7:00pm
- Aug. 19th – School Picture Day. Click HERE if you are interested in volunteering to help with this. Thank you!
- Aug. 21st – Solar Eclipse Day
- Aug. 23rd – 25th– 5th Grade Outdoor Ed.
- Aug 29th – General PTO Meeting 5:30pm
- Aug 30th – Skate City Night 6:00p – 8:00p
- Aug 30th – Fun Run Kick- Off Assembly
- Sept. 4th – No School, Labor Day
- Sept. 8th – Fun Run
DCEF Community Events:
Fall 2017 Community Events – Our community events offer discounted tickets AND raise money for Douglas County Schools. Click HERE for flyer.
- University of Colorado Boulder vs. CSU – Rocky Mountain Showdown
Friday, September 1 – 6:00pm
Sports Authority at Mile High
Tickets $30. See FLYER HERE for purchasing information.
- Back to School Weekend with the Colorado Rockies vs. Padres –
Friday, Sept. 15 – 6:40 pm
Saturday, Sept. 16 – 6:10 pm
Sunday, Sept. 17 – 1:10 pm Tickets starting at $14. FLYER HERE
- Community Night with the Colorado Rapids vs. FC Dallas
Saturday, Oct. 7th -7:00pm
Dick’s Sporting Goods Park
Tickets $24. (reg. $32 -$65) Visit WEBSITE for more information and links to purchase.
- Community Events with the Denver Center for the Performing Arts –
- The Snowy Day – Sept. 21st – Nov. 18th – Tickets $15.
- A Christmas Carol Nov. 24th – Dec. 10th – Tickets $35
- Elf The Musical – Dec. 14th & 16th only (Limited number of tickets available for these shows) – Tickets $30/$45
Visit WEBSITE for more information and links to purchase.
Before & After School Activities:
We have many programs and activities available for our students before and after school. For a full list of activities, click here.
- RCHS JR. JAGS – This is the fall camp where you get to cheer on the Varsity Football Game and perform at halftime. Saturday Sept. 2nd, 2017. Join us at the High School from 9:00a – 12:00p for the dance and cheer camp. Then come to the stadium at 12:45p – 2:00p and cheer on the RCHS Varsity Football Game. Please see the attached flyer for details. Registration is now open.
- 2017-2018 Spanish Club – Begins Thursday, September 14th from 8:10a – 8:55am. Please see FLYER HERE for information.
- Colorado Ski Country USA 5th and 6th Grade Passport Program – The 5th Grade Passport is back with the only ski pass that gives your child 3 FREE DAYS of skiing or snowboarding at 21 of Colorado’s premier mountains. That’s 60 days for free, while the 6th Grade Passport provides 4 days at each resort for just $105. Click HERE to register.
- Strategic Kids LEGO – Magnets + Motors + Star Wars. Available to kids in grades 1st – 5th. Held on Mondays beginning Aug. 28th from 4p – 5p. FLYER HERE
- Strategic Kids Chess – Available to kids in grades 1st – 5th. Held on Wednesdays beginning Aug. 30th from 4p – 5p. FLYER HERE
- KidStage – Be an actor in Hercules.KidStage is a theatre and acting class for kids! This class is appropriate for experienced students as well as beginning students in grades 1st – 5th. Click HERE for flyer with dates and registration information.
- Scratch Club – Students learn to program their own video games,
animations and digital art in
this fun after school program. Thursdays Aug. 31st – Oct. 26th. 4:00p – 5:30p. Click HERE for flyer and registration info.